Sunday, April 4, 2010

I Think I'm Depressed o.O

Well, for English assignment, at first I wanted to do about Malaysia and how the multicultural differences benefits Malaysia or something like that. But then after awhile, I changed my mind cause the focus question was too focus until I dunno how to elaborate -.-...

So I decided to change to something which seemingly looks easier which is Teenage depression.
Reason : Because I'm unable to do the topic before this and got depressed so I choose this topic XD.

After doing most of the work, I finally manage to start on the draft... .... when I reached the part where i have to explain the types of depression there is, I just realize that... errr some the symptoms of Dysthymia (a type of depression) fits into my personality or something like that.

Dysthymia is a type of persistent minor type depression. Most of the time, the person who have dysthymia will feel slightly or somewhat depressed, although there short moments of the usual mood. The symptoms of dysthemia are not as dangerous as the symptoms of major depression, but they last for a minimum of two years. These chronic symptoms make it difficult for that person to enjoy life. A person suffering from dysthemia, may feel like he or she has always been depressed. Or they may think that their low mood is “just the way they are.”

this is one of the factors:

The second factor which can lead to depression is psychological factors. One of the psychological factors is cognitive and behavioral factors. Based on the people who introduced cognitive therapy, the foundation of depression comes from a pessimistic way of thinking about life. By assuming that they themselves, their surroundings and also their prospect have no significance, individuals come to a conclusion that they themselves as unimportant or worthless, their families as critical or unaccommodating and their prospect as drab. This will affect the way they reflect on live which can lead to depression. Their attitudes and poor reasoning will lead to their own lack of self-esteem and an imperfect conclusion about the world. Even when someone gives them a compliment, they think that they do not deserve that compliment. Past incident of real vulnerability such as agony from an injury or accident can make an individual believe that they will be unable to manage existing or future difficulties. As a result, they become inactive and acquiescent, accepting excruciating situations as an unavoidable occurrence and feeling weighed down and feeble

so half way doing this assignment and "I THINK I"M DEPRESSED XXDDDD" wth -.-
=.='''

No comments:

Post a Comment