Saturday, August 22, 2009

A little too late...

Well, as I was browsing through my biodata book I saw a Chinese New Year card which I received from a friend of mine last year.(2008)
( err, I used my web cam to take the pic so its small and cacated. Thx to Mior who never return my camera... lol)
After seeing the content of the card,( I say again... its too small to read what it says)



This is what written on the card:
wishing you Happy & Prosperous New Year. Gong Xi Fa Chi =p
Sorry ya, though this year not pig year but because of the black & white square pig look so cute so ma send to you lo =)
Thank you for being such a good friend all this while, though this year(2008) like seldom talk, but I had lots of fun last year =).


Firstly, I don't think I've thank that person for sending me this card, so thank you very much though its already been 1 year ++ and I have to say that also I had fun too. Form 3 was one of my best years in BU3.
Secondly, I bet lots of people also got a card from that person, so nothing special la....
Thirdly, this got me thinking about one particular thing. Which is friendship. Or to be more specific, being a good friend.

In everybody's life, they have people who surrounds them and play an important part in their life. They are known as friends.
In my whole life, I've just realize something very important... I barely know anything about my friends... even Luke... all I know is he likes basketball, football, Liverpool fan, likes to eat wan tan ho.... and a little bit more things. But thats about it.
How can I call that person a friend, or even a good friend if I barely know anything about them.
This made me wonder, how well do I actually know all my friends... and whats the definition of a friend/whats the point of having a friend...

1.) I barely know them, well we talk and stuff but I never really try to get to know the real them, if you understand what I mean
2.) In short a friend is someone who you can share your happy and sad moments together, which for me, that never happen. Where was everyone when I needed them most?
3.) The point of a friend is so that one won't feel lonely or isolated, and can share their joy and sorrows with one another.

Out of everyone I've met in my life, I've never truly get to know them. We just talk to each other about stuff, have fun... but the sad part is, we do all this things without actually getting to know each other.
This is the thing I regretted most in my life so far.
for an example, lets say you've known a person for like 5 years or so. But you don't even know what he likes to do, or his favorite food/drink or even if he/she has a pet or not.
So how can you call yourself a friend without knowing about the other person?

I really wish that I could have gone back to form 3 and relive it, changing all the mistakes I've made since that time. But the past is the past, and its best left that way.
All I can do now is make the best of what I have and what I could have.

My motto, let go of the past, but never forget them. Because it made you who your are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment